Ursa

January 29, 2021

Using reclaimed yarn from the Owligan.

Tried gauge swatch on pattern needles (10.5) – row was fine, stitch was about a half-inch small (I think).

Gauge swatch on 11s seems to be the right stitch gauge but row gauge is a bit big. Will need to compensate on sweater length.

February 3, 2021

Discovered that I did the “brk” (half-brioche?) wrong through the entire knitted flat section — it looks “twisted” in comparison to the rows in the round. Probably going to keep going anyway! The only place where the switch should be noticeable is on the upper back. crossed_fingers

Also, I think the sleeves might be a smidge small but I don’t want to make the v-neck any lower — might try a suggestion I got from Ma’ayan about getting a few extra stitches added when picking up sleeves.

February 3, 2021

After doing the half-brioche inside out during the bust dart, I ripped the whole thing back to start over.

February 10, 2021

Had to do one extra round after sleeve separate rounds in order to not do the half-brioche inside out!!!!

Also, starting triangle detail after only 2 rows of body pattern because my row gauge is long. (Looks like it will be 7+ inches to do the whole triangle detail, which is if anything longer than I was thinking I wanted)

February 15, 2021

Picked up sleeve, added 5 st instead of 3

February 18, 2021

First sleeve finished at row 7 of repeat 6, about 36 gr of the former-hat yarn remaining

February 21, 2021

Went down to #10 needles for neck finishing. Used up almost the whole amount of reclaimed yarn, only scraps left!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.