June 4, 2020
Cuff in same yarn as https://www.ravelry.com/projects/epersonae/recipe-of-the-… – had a tiny bit in my fingering scraps box, going to combine with some other blue yarns
June 5, 2020
Used variegated up thru row 7 of stst ankle, then a mid-tone blue (don’t remember what) up to heel flap, saving mid-tone for probably toes.
Shifting sock B over to do both heel flaps together, joining navy blue Wildfoote for heels and foot
June 16, 2020
Doing the toe in the mid-tone blue, which I believe is the same yarn as https://www.ravelry.com/projects/epersonae/basic-sock-wit…
June 23, 2020
probably a tiny bit too small? but good enough to wear.
Still needs blocking, and will need fairly strong blocking to get rectangular.
A nice project for long stretches of meetings and videos (and yes, video meetings)
Did the buttonholes, not sure if at correct intervals. Not sure if I’m going to add buttons, will probably wait until I’m comfortable going to stores in person.
Pattern is very confusing to read in sections where color is changing and for buttonhole placement! Ended up copying into word and reformatting a couple of sections.
June 23, 2020
final dimensions after blocking: 17” x 62”
April 20, 2020
Started toe, realized it was way too big, pulled back to increases and stayed at 44 st vs 52 in pattern.
April 25, 2020
Discovered after finishing that I’d knit them with the wrong needle (2 ½ instead of 2)
At 50% of rows, have 56.5% of yarn left
Tried to make a pompom but didn’t pull tight enough, and tbqh didn’t have enough of the blue. But a soft and comfy hat nonetheless.
This project was much more enjoyable than I expected, although it was not at ALL a project I could travel with. Instead it was good for sitting and listening to a podcast or watching a movie. After about the first 3 or 4 repeats I even figured out the rhythm so I didn’t have to look up the pattern, though I did have to count every single row.
Total number of feathers: 21, with probably not quite enough yarn for a 22nd.