Pioneer Gloves green gradient

July 22, 2021

Restarted last week — I got 75% of the way through with the first one, tried doing a stripe of the bright green from the wildflower socks and it was too The Joker — ripped back and finished with a block of some variegated (striped?), which looks much better.

Bound off body of first mitt and started 2nd mitt today.

September 4, 2021

(9 rows for the thumbs)

Rook Socks

July 17, 2021

Made shorter than pattern because that’s the height I like

That easy Guernsey cowl

May 3, 2021

Yarn is a handspun from Sarah, previously used in https://www.ravelry.com/projects/epersonae/diamond-cap

May 11, 2021

tried on after a couple of rows of decreases: it’s both too big and not really the right drape (?) for a hat

started frogging and realized it could make a good cowl! will reknit the last row of purls and then 2 rows stockinette and rows of 2×2 rib to match the bottom

Ursa – grey

April 24, 2021

Two extra rows before sleeve separation

April 29, 2021

Sleeve: pick up 7 underarm stitches, knit 7 pattern repeats plus 5 rounds counter should read 6/8

Seeta fingerless gloves 2 (purple)

looks like my previous version was made on #3 needles; this time I’m going to try the 2.5s that the pattern actually calls for. (after messing up the pattern repeat and ripping back, decided to cast back on with 3s, as it seemed pretty small with 2.5)

March 15, 2021

4 pattern repeats up to the gusset
2 pattern repeats thru the gusset
2 pattern repeats post-gusset

8 rounds stst for thumbs

March 17, 2021

They are a tiny bit small, still not sure if #3s would have been too big

Valin

Using one skein of overdyed (grey and green) Space Needle and one skein of regular Space Needle

March 7, 2021

Used 57 gr overdyed, 47 gr plain
Bound off with Jenny’s stretchy bindoff

Ursa

January 29, 2021

Using reclaimed yarn from the Owligan.

Tried gauge swatch on pattern needles (10.5) – row was fine, stitch was about a half-inch small (I think).

Gauge swatch on 11s seems to be the right stitch gauge but row gauge is a bit big. Will need to compensate on sweater length.

February 3, 2021

Discovered that I did the “brk” (half-brioche?) wrong through the entire knitted flat section — it looks “twisted” in comparison to the rows in the round. Probably going to keep going anyway! The only place where the switch should be noticeable is on the upper back. crossed_fingers

Also, I think the sleeves might be a smidge small but I don’t want to make the v-neck any lower — might try a suggestion I got from Ma’ayan about getting a few extra stitches added when picking up sleeves.

February 3, 2021

After doing the half-brioche inside out during the bust dart, I ripped the whole thing back to start over.

February 10, 2021

Had to do one extra round after sleeve separate rounds in order to not do the half-brioche inside out!!!!

Also, starting triangle detail after only 2 rows of body pattern because my row gauge is long. (Looks like it will be 7+ inches to do the whole triangle detail, which is if anything longer than I was thinking I wanted)

February 15, 2021

Picked up sleeve, added 5 st instead of 3

February 18, 2021

First sleeve finished at row 7 of repeat 6, about 36 gr of the former-hat yarn remaining

February 21, 2021

Went down to #10 needles for neck finishing. Used up almost the whole amount of reclaimed yarn, only scraps left!