Yanagi

64 st size is a bit large so I’m doing 2×2 rib in place of stockinette on the instep

September 30, 2021

Fish kiss heel starting after instep of row 3, repeat 13

October 1, 2021

That was too short! Ripped back heel and picked back one round to get a clean restart.

Take 2 of heel after instep of row 6, repeat 13

October 3, 2021

Finishing leg after row 6 of repeat 20

October 4, 2021

12 rows of 1×1 ribbed cuff

Ursa – xmas green

March 21, 2021

Realized I missed the rows to join in the round when I got to the arm split and it wasn’t long enough, have to pick back 6 rows

March 25, 2021

knit two extra rounds at the end of Part 1 before the sleeve separation round in order to make that part of the shoulders/torso long enough

March 28, 2021

Did the C/D bust darts immediately after sleeve separation (possibly a round or two too high? but they do have to be done in the correct hbs round!)

Then about an inch more of body pattern before starting the triangle.

April 5, 2021

Finished the body, one extra round of half-brioche ribbing at the bottom

Picked up right sleeve:

PU 3, PU 3 in hbs pattern, PU 2

At the end of that round, ssk the last regular stitch with the first picked-up stitch, placed marker before hbs as in pattern.

April 13, 2021

finished sleeve as per pattern, leaving it on the cable until I can have Kath try it on. (update, length as per pattern was exactly right)

starting 2nd sleeve

Pioneer Gloves green gradient

July 22, 2021

Restarted last week — I got 75% of the way through with the first one, tried doing a stripe of the bright green from the wildflower socks and it was too The Joker — ripped back and finished with a block of some variegated (striped?), which looks much better.

Bound off body of first mitt and started 2nd mitt today.

September 4, 2021

(9 rows for the thumbs)

Rook Socks

July 17, 2021

Made shorter than pattern because that’s the height I like

That easy Guernsey cowl

May 3, 2021

Yarn is a handspun from Sarah, previously used in https://www.ravelry.com/projects/epersonae/diamond-cap

May 11, 2021

tried on after a couple of rows of decreases: it’s both too big and not really the right drape (?) for a hat

started frogging and realized it could make a good cowl! will reknit the last row of purls and then 2 rows stockinette and rows of 2×2 rib to match the bottom

Ursa – grey

April 24, 2021

Two extra rows before sleeve separation

April 29, 2021

Sleeve: pick up 7 underarm stitches, knit 7 pattern repeats plus 5 rounds counter should read 6/8

Seeta fingerless gloves 2 (purple)

looks like my previous version was made on #3 needles; this time I’m going to try the 2.5s that the pattern actually calls for. (after messing up the pattern repeat and ripping back, decided to cast back on with 3s, as it seemed pretty small with 2.5)

March 15, 2021

4 pattern repeats up to the gusset
2 pattern repeats thru the gusset
2 pattern repeats post-gusset

8 rounds stst for thumbs

March 17, 2021

They are a tiny bit small, still not sure if #3s would have been too big

Valin

Using one skein of overdyed (grey and green) Space Needle and one skein of regular Space Needle

March 7, 2021

Used 57 gr overdyed, 47 gr plain
Bound off with Jenny’s stretchy bindoff