Stitch Surfer KAL

Tried casting on several times over the last week, finally got it right today!

Did some weird things in the toe section in the non-W&T transition, until I reread the diagram before the instructions and realized that I was supposed to be twisting the strands together.

3/28 – started the heel what turned out to be too soon. 🙁 will have to do some tearing back, hopefully not all the way back, since the foot so far is great.

Tore back &c over the first week of April, redid the heel on 4/4 and got into the leg!

4/16 – finished first sock!

4/22 – started second sock. Definitely easier the second time around.

5/5 – I probably could’ve make these a couple of inches longer, which would’ve been nice. Still very happy with them as is.

Handspun cowl

I started out thinking about doing a cowl that was all yo/k2tog, but didn’t like the feel of it, then did a round of k1/sl1, but had trouble keeping track of it. So now it’s just a semi-random pattern of knit rounds and purl rounds, something to keep my hands busy in meetings.

Handspun cowl

I started out thinking about doing a cowl that was all yo/k2tog, but didn’t like the feel of it, then did a round of k1/sl1, but had trouble keeping track of it. So now it’s just a semi-random pattern of knit rounds and purl rounds, something to keep my hands busy in meetings.

Lotus Hat

FWIW, I knitted 3 rows of the pattern wrong (reading the chart left to right instead of right to left), then picked back 2 rounds.

Kinda mangled the beginning of the decreases, because I was working on it during a divisional retreat. (NTS: don’t do that!) But got it back in pattern pretty quickly, and am overall quite pleased. Seems a bit small, hoping it’ll grow with wear and/or blocking. Almost precisely the right amount of yarn for the pattern, too!

Like the pattern quite a bit, would like to try making it again.

Grumpasaurus II, Miko’s Boogaloo

3/15 – finished body, this time added face before finishing.

3/17 – cast on tail

3/18 – finished tail

3/22 – made arms, feet & comb. assembled & finished. (knit arms, feet, and comb with #5 needles.)

Cowl for Kat

Trying the knit cast-on! Going with a size bigger than the pattern in the hope of getting a more “open” feel.

1/8 – doing a single row of purl instead of the 3 rows garter between the YO/K2tog in the pattern. I think it’s turning out that I’m knitting it inside-out, essentially.

1/9 – I’m pretty sure that I twisted the join. :\ Since it’s a cowl, I think it’ll be ok.

Cowl for Kat

Trying the knit cast-on! Going with a size bigger than the pattern in the hope of getting a more “open” feel.

1/8 – doing a single row of purl instead of the 3 rows garter between the YO/K2tog in the pattern. I think it’s turning out that I’m knitting it inside-out, essentially.

1/9 – I’m pretty sure that I twisted the join. :\ Since it’s a cowl, I think it’ll be ok.