Easy As Pie Tam

Did some of the knitting with magic loop, especially the decreases. My first time blocking a hat on a dinner plate, which helped a lot. Wish I’d made it a bit bigger/floppier, but I was nervous about running out of yarn. Even so it’s very comfy.

Sick day cowl

CO 20 st, 2×2 rib, changing colors every 4 rows, at least so far. Just a little something simple to keep my hands busy in meetings.

finished as a little cowl on a sick day.

Bamboo-Yak mitts

Knit two at a time, similar to method used with socks. After knitting about a half-dozen rows, reduced down through most of the wrist (K4 reduced to K3), then increased a few near the thumb gusset.

Really like how this thumb gusset is shaped, concerned at this point that the thumb portion of the pattern is a bit short for my hands.

Overall hand length is a bit shorter than I prefer, if I did it again would knit about 4 more rows in pattern. A smidge tight in the hands, probably shouldn’t have re-reduced. Still look nice, mostly pretty comfy.

Reading Gauntlets

Cast on small size. Accidentally reduced by 2 too many stitches, but I think it’s actually a good thing for my skinny wrists. Might go up to the medium size for the thumb gusset, as it seems too short at the small size.

Bound off first mitt with normal technique, feels a bit tight after finishing; tried “lace bind-off” (?) for 2nd one, not a lot better. Really needs a stretchy bind-off.

Got the name from @lilyorit, who saw a pic of the work in progress and tweeted “:D A LADY’S GAUNTLET”


Using magic loop.

12/26 started tail
12/27 tail complete
1/3 did the comb (in chunky on #7 needle), still not sure how to do face
1/4 face with a bit of sock yarn. very pleased with how it turned out!


knitting complete, still needs to be blocked. almost ran out of yarn!

1/5 – blocked, definitely shows off the lace better!

Xmas Scarf #2

I tried several other patterns before this, including some improv, but really would’ve needed bigger needles.

But this works out really nice, and definitely shows off the colors of the yarn!