As it happens, I was gone most of the week, but yesterday was nice, so I got to spend some time in the yard….
- Started deadheading the lilacs.
- The bluebells are dying back.
- The morning glory & buttercups are going a bit nuts.
- C finished trimming the candytuft while I was gone. (He also bought 4 tomato starts at an elementary school plant sale.)
- The poplars are definitely all the way leafed out, and the locusts & the grape are starting to leaf out as well.
- The first blooms have appeared on the lupins. (sp?)
- I saw a few strawberry flowers!
- The red thyme & the cranesbill are about to bloom.
- I mowed my paths, which definitely needed it.
I also bought quite a few plants at Eastside Urban Farm & Garden; they were having a Mother’s Day plant sale.
- Two raspberry canes
- Two different kinds of tall grasses
- Pumpkin start
- Cucumber start
- Amazing lemon-scented thyme
- Hen & chicks
- Blue star creeper
- A fairly sizable blueberry bush
I’m pretty excited about expanding (gradually!) the nice cultivated areas.