What I’ve seen fit to bring into my new office so far….
- Pretty rock I found in a river while on vacation last month.
- The “ladies of Lego” including a Vintage Minifigure Collection (plus the Smart Car lego)
- Tiny Fimo penguin made by one of the graphic designers I worked with at Pierce
- Plastic owl
- Rear-view mirror for mounting on the corner of a monitor
- Ceramic cat that Elizabeth gave me
- Wind-up glow in the dark angel that a former boss gave me
- Squeeze ball from UWPC
- Ceramic cup that Kat made
- Plastic magician’s wand that Tom W gave me
- Picture of C & Sasha in a fake fur frame
- Drawing of “the village of H’urn” by C
- Wrist warmers that I knit last year
- Picture from a calendar that I made a few years ago
- Calendar from TwinStar
- Pink plastic fish that Grey mailed me from SF with a pound of mint tea
- Wooden pencil holder shaped like a whale that I’ve had since I was little
- Photo of C’s hand holding a bit of moss, taken by a friend as part of a class project…at Evergreen
- Printout of an email, sent by Wendy at UWPC but as if from Tom’s address: “You are queen of the ratbags.”
- Painting by Paula
- Model horse, an Appaloosa foal with its tail broken off, which I’ve had since I was a kid
- Three cards: a fairy sent to me by HA, a panorama of the Greene Hotel (?) in Pasadena, and a drawing of Congress Avenue that I got during SXSW, maybe in 2008?
- Magnet made from a d20 that I got as part of a craft exchange, which holds a tea tag that says “Fortune favors the brave.”
This doesn’t include things like toiletries, tea & snack supplies, or books.
And wow, that’s a lot of stuff…although most of it is small. They make the space feel like it’s mine, and they remind me where I’ve been, and where I want to go.
Yes, I’m posting this in lieu of something concrete about my new job.