- The Shame of College Sports – Magazine – The Atlantic
"For all the outrage, the real scandal is not that students are getting illegally paid or recruited, it’s that two of the noble principles on which the NCAA justifies its existence—“amateurism” and the “student-athlete”—are cynical hoaxes, legalistic confections propagated by the universities so they can exploit the skills and fame of young athletes."
- Reading L.A.: Marc Reisner’s ‘Cadillac Desert’ – latimes.com
"it is fair to say that Los Angeles — as a city, as a region and as an idea — haunts "Cadillac Desert" from start to finish"
- Why Is Average IQ Higher in Some Places?: Scientific American
In short: exposure to infectious disease. (I think i remember reading (book on ed reform?) that the end of chronic worms (?) in the south brought a huge boost in education achievement or iq or something.)
- What is the best starter theme for responsive web design in Drupal? | groups.drupal.org
A good question; I’m exploring this myself. (Sad that quite a few listed here are D7 only!)
- Social Media Identity Crisis: How do employees and brands avoid a personality disorder? « Ethan McCarty
lots to think about here.
- Big question: what do you think of Adobe Edge?
Andy Budd’s response made me laugh: "Wake me up when 1998 is over. I didn’t like it much the first time around, so I’m pretty sure it’s going to suck now."
- DAVENPORT DIALOGUES: SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY: A CAUTIONARY TALE
"So, here is what the publisher demanded. That I immediately and totally delete CANNIBAL NIGHTS from Amazon, iNook, iPad, and all other e-platforms. Plus, that I delete all Google hits mentioning me and CANNIBAL NIGHTS. Currently, that’s about 600,000 hits. (How does one even do that?)" To answer the question: you don’t. Also: WTF?
Digest powered by RSS Digest