Three different people tagged me with the “25 things” meme on Facebook in the last week: someone I know locally and two different friends (from ENTIRELY different social groups) from high school. So, okay…but I’m going to mime Dorothea in this one: (1) only 7 things for you! and (b) I’m not tagging nobody. You find this fun? Go nuts, pretend I tagged you. 🙂
- I once did a bunch of tech book reviewing in the bathtub. A sheaf of printouts, a highlighter, and a pen…the paper got all wrinkly, which was sort of interesting when I was trying to type my notes back in. I even got all excited about something I wanted to try that I jumped out of the tub and ran out to the computer with a towel. (It was SVG stuff in Painting the Web by Shelley Powers, btw. A quirky book that I really recommend.)
- I’m going to SXSW again! Dylan got one of his proposals accepted and offered me his ticket. I finally made up my mind to go a couple of weeks ago, thankfully while airfare was still cheap. I’m really excited. (I’m also looking for someplace really cheap to stay; I have my eye on a room I found on Craigslist, but still open to other ideas.)
- One of my dreams is to bike from Olympia to SF. I’d actually be really excited if I could do it on the Townie, since that’s the bike I learned to ride on, only 5 years ago.
- I’m paralyzingly shy, but also have a tendency to babble incessently. I think there’s some sort of social impulse that gets all bottled up and then overflows.
- The first time C & I met, he was picking up his friend LKW from the Children’s Museum on a snow day. I honestly don’t remember meeting him at all, but he says he thought I was cute. It was probably January or February 1996, when I still had fire-engine red hair down the middle of my back…and was living with Raul!
- The music that C likes in GTA:SA, I hated when it was new, but some of it I really enjoy now. This is part of my life-long trend of being way the hell behind the curve with every hip/popular thing ever. (I love watching C & L play GTA. I once “rode shotgun” with the laptop to help C find all the spots to “tag” early on in the game.)
- I miss going to Disneyland. We used to go every year for my & Elizabeth’s birthdays.
- Bonus item: My feet are almost always cold. I think that’s the worst thing about winter up here, even more than the dark: cold damp feet.
Isn’t that more than you wanted to know?