- Blog U.: The Great Disconnect: Scholars Without Libraries – Library Babel Fish – Inside Higher Ed
"I’m happy that scientists are noticing, but what seems like a sudden crisis is more easily likened to the Thirty Years’ War, and it has been pretty bleak here in the trenches for a long, long time."
- October 10th, A most auspicious day
take a picture! (hey, maybe by then I’ll have a new phone w/camera.)
- Web snooping is a dangerous move – CNN.com
"It’s bad civic hygiene to build technologies that could someday be used to facilitate a police state."
- Seeing the Forest: How Tax Brackets Work — $250,001 Will Pay Five Cents More Tax
"people just do not understand how tax brackets work" well, until recently that would include me, so I can’t be too harsh.
- The Pool Room – Iâ€™m confused. Why would you (a blind user) want to…
- The Answer Sheet – What â€˜Supermanâ€™ got wrong, point by point
if you don’t have time to read Diane Ravitch’s latest book, take a few moments to read this.
- Reviser | drupal.org
"inline wysiwyg editor" – no beta (or dev!) release yet.
- TARP Is Gone â€“ But May Soon Be Back Â« The Baseline Scenario
"Supporting banks by injecting capital is best practice for preventing financial and economic collapse around the world." BUT it wasn’t implemented with best practices during TARP.
- The Big Lie About Private vs. Public Innovation | NewAmerica.net
"The next time someone tells you that the private sector is the engine of innovation in the US economy, laugh in their face" – indeed.
Digest powered by RSS Digest