My name is Elaine Nelson; I’ve been keeping this site in one form or another since 1998. I currently live in Olympia, Washington USA with my husband and our cats. You can contact me through epersonae – at – gmail – dot – com.
This site is part personal journal, part log of interesting links, part experimentation zone.
I write about my personal life, although there’s plenty that I leave out. I write occasionally about my professional life, but not about people, and of course nothing I say here should be expected to have any relationship to official policy of my employer, etc., etc., etc.
I curse from time to time.
Everything I write, and all the photographs that appear here, are copyright me. Except where they’re comments from somebody else, in which case everybody retains their own rights. Whee!
- This site is created using WordPress.
- The “Snapping Links” category is fed by pinboard. (The original Snapping Links was a whole separate blog, back when I was using Moveable Type. But it was too much bother.)
- The photos that appear on the right-hand side of every page are fed from flickr.
- The book reviews are fed by Goodreads.
- I’m in the middle of a redesign as of May 2010. At the moment, I’m using the Carringon Text theme while I work on my own design.
If you have trouble with anything, tell me what happened and what browser you were using, and I’ll see what I can do.