Made these two at a time. There was a bit of a disaster during the gusset where I missed a few of the yo’s on only one mitt, but amazingly I was able to pull back, redo that one, and finish them 2 at a time. Did fewer repeats both in the cuff and after the gusset, because I know my preferences in that sort of thing. (They’re very cozy.)
February 8, 2019
So soft, so cozy. (Not quite warm enough for 19F, but should be perfect for the more usual low 40s/high 30s.)
September 14, 2018
Cast on 54 st, per her text, 7” wrist, 11” forearm
December 28, 2018
They fit great! (at some point I need a photo)
I maaaaay have janked up the pattern a smidge around row 5 or so of the pattern, but it shouldn’t be enough to be noticeable.
December 7, 2018
switched to 1-row stripes for the last few decrease rows to make sure I didn’t run out of the purple
December 15, 2018
My first pompom!
November 11, 2018
toddler size with mystery DK weight yarn
November 16, 2018
Frogged and recast in child size
Time listed is extremely misleading — I think I did the actual pieces in an hour or two, but it took me a couple of weeks to get around to seaming, and a couple more to get around to sewing the head to the body.
FWIW, since I was doing it a single color (to mimic a carved wooden duck), I just threw out the two beak pieces. Honestly I think they’re way too fiddly, both to knit and to attach.
I think I put the head on backwards, but that looks more like a duck to me. I also shortened the head a bit, since it looked too long in all of the photos. (Probably should have written down how much at the time, alas.)
Unlikely to make more, which is actually kind of a bummer, I would’ve liked to have given them to the whole gang.