I maaaaay have janked up the pattern a smidge around row 5 or so of the pattern, but it shouldn’t be enough to be noticeable.
December 7, 2018
switched to 1-row stripes for the last few decrease rows to make sure I didn’t run out of the purple
December 15, 2018
My first pompom!
November 11, 2018
toddler size with mystery DK weight yarn
November 16, 2018
Frogged and recast in child size
Time listed is extremely misleading — I think I did the actual pieces in an hour or two, but it took me a couple of weeks to get around to seaming, and a couple more to get around to sewing the head to the body.
FWIW, since I was doing it a single color (to mimic a carved wooden duck), I just threw out the two beak pieces. Honestly I think they’re way too fiddly, both to knit and to attach.
I think I put the head on backwards, but that looks more like a duck to me. I also shortened the head a bit, since it looked too long in all of the photos. (Probably should have written down how much at the time, alas.)
Unlikely to make more, which is actually kind of a bummer, I would’ve liked to have given them to the whole gang.
December 12, 2018
Date finished is when I did all the sewing up, I think I finished knitting it last weekend?
November 21, 2018
cuff 4 rows stst (since the cast-on makes a 5th row of stockinette) 9 rows ribbing
I have tried several patterns with this yarn, and I really like the drape with a larger needle, so I’m doing #6 needles instead of the #4 called for in the pattern.
technically, the incorporation of the Boneyard Shawl is via a variation with a second color, just to figure out how to do the garter ridge that way. (I sort of wish I’d used those style increases instead of the yo’s, but live and learn)
Nice simple little hat, used up the last of the yarn that I bought to make the owl cardigan.
November 7, 2018
Pretty simple colorwork after the first couple of rows. Both yarns are fairly sticky, which I think helped keep an even tension. Number of stitches in the pattern made for a wider cowl than the picture really looked like, not quite …