Sort of its own pattern!
- the rounded starting tip from Santorini
- 3st moss stitch on either side
- increase to 81 stitches before eyelets
- 2 rows moss stitch w/out increases after eyelet rows
Ending is taken from another kerchief (can’t remember which one; ed 8/3: added to list.)
- cast on 20 st at one end & knit across moss stitch
- cast on 20 st at the other end & knit across moss stitch
- then bind off
I wish I’d done the eyelets maybe at 77 or 79 stitches and then only a single row of moss stitch before casting on the ties. (I.e., it’s a bit too big for me.)
I started with #6 needles after reading comments and seeing how many people said it was way too big. (I have a dang small head.)
July 5, 2016
Might have gotten the decreases slightly wrong? Finished up and it’s got a bit of a point at the top. Ugh. Considering pulling back and redoing the very end to get a more rounded top.
July 6, 2016
Redid the top, still not 100% pleased, but it seemed good enough. Wove in ends, soaked, and blocked.
July 18, 2016
Straight up too long for my head. If I were to make it again (and it is hella cute, not that difficult), I’d start the decreases sooner and decrease faster.
December 21, 2016
Took to my sis to see if it would fit her (big!) head. Nope. The pointiness of the top is super-obvious. :\ And I hate how it fits/looks on me. So: frogging it is.