- The Skeptical Librarian: A note on mediocrity.
"In some small way, I can reach out and help lift up the person who truly has the talent and drive to achieve something great." personally, I love it when I can connect 2 people who might click in some way.
- slacktivist: Rendering unto Krugman
"So let me oversimplify things a bit more." indeed. getting back to the moral underpinnings of society. so to speak.
- Â» Text of the CALICON10 plenary talk b-screeds
about law libraries & tech, but broadly applicable, I think.
- 10 Awful Truths About Book Publishing | Out:think
- Economics: Economists behaving foolishly | The Economist
"the essay errs, as many similar criticisms err, in missing the breadth and richness of the economics blogosphere"
- Forcing Bars To Provide Parking Is Not A Good Idea â€” Sightline Daily – Northwest News that Matters
indeed. (parking minimums lead to the visual HORROR that is the shopping center near my office. acres of almost always empty concrete.)
- Endless war, a recipe for four-star arrogance
also: Team America? Really? They use that nickname w/out any sense of irony? O the humanity.
- Op-Ed Columnist – The Third Depression – NYTimes.com
"governments are obsessing about inflation when the real threat is deflation, preaching the need for belt-tightening when the real problem is inadequate spending"
Digest powered by RSS Digest